On spur of the moment, we decided to travel to Colorado for Chad's cousins wedding....little did we know that we would travel over 1500 miles and visit 4 different states. Our first stop was in St. George, Utah for the sealing. Chad went to the sealing while I hung out with the kids in the waiting room. Jaxon did great except for hanging up the phone when this little old lady was trying to talk to her phone company....oops!
We then drove to Grand Junction, Colorado for the reception the following night. Of course I didn't take any pics of the bride but this is Jaxon dancing with the ladies...girls better watch out. He went to one of his cousins and grabbed her hands to dance (so cute) but the first girl (the one to the right) told him no so when she wanted to dance later he wouldn't have anything to do with her.
We then went to Silverton, Colorado which is an old mining town. Jaxon's favorite part was seeing the "choo choo" train. We actually got to go inside the mine and have a tour of how they panned for gold. It was a little creepy but very interesting even though the whole time I kept thinking we need to get out before it caves in.... :)
Finally, we stopped at the Grand Canyon in Arizona and stayed for about 2 hours as we went to the visitors center and walked along the south rim. Our kids are great travelers especially because we were in the car so much! Most of the time they both slept! We feel very blessed to have such great kids.



5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great time! You look absolutely beautiful! We're hoping Jake will grow into liking the car. For now he hates it, and we hear it.
Sounds like a fun trip. I love all those places. Boy do I miss the west.
Wow, I can't believe you travled so much with such a small baby. It looks like so much fun, I want to go on vacation now. Sorry again about not being able to watch your kids for you. I really do feel bad! And I agree with Brittany, you do look beautiful!!!
You are such a brave woman doing all that with a new baby! Looks like you had a great time. Jaxon always looks so happy.
What an awesome trip! You sure got to see a lot! I am not sure my kids would fair so well in a road trip like that. I am reluctant to drive with them to SLC! Maybe in a few years we could manage something like this! Thanks for sharing with us!
Post a Comment